The Monrovia Unified School District has been working closely with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health for resources and direction to ensure safe school environements in relation to the COVID-19 Virus. Our custodial crew is working carefully and differently to santize commonly touched surfaces. Head custodians attended a special training on Friday, March 6, 2020. Below are some best prevention practices that you should embrace and address with your children. We will be working with all students here at Santa Fe on these practices and behaviors to support a healthy, clean, and safe school environment:
- Hygiene: Make sure everyone washes their hands thoroughly for approximately 20 seconds. If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow when necessary. Use a greater than 60 percent alcohol-based hand sanitizer when you can't immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home when sick: Students who demonstrate symptoms of a virus should remain home until cleared to return to school. Students who show symptoms at school will be sent home. If you observe a student with flu like symptoms (fever, cough, sneeze..) please contact Nurse Denise at 2888 and send the student.
- Limit contact: The CDC urges people to avoid close contact with people who are sick and to avoid touching our eyes, nose and mouth. We urge all students to observe safe distances and replace hugs and handshakes with elbow bumps.
- Clean spaces: Clean and disinfect surfaces and frequently touched objects. Monrovia Unified will conduct additional deep cleanings of schools as needed.
- Facemasks: The CDC does not recommend facemasks for people who are well. People who show symptoms of a respiratory illness may wear masks to prevent the spread of the disease to others. For more information about facemasks, visit the CDC website.